As you may have heard, Erykah Badu has dropped a buzzy new music video for “Window Seat” from her new album New Amerykah Part Two: Return of the Ankh, you can catch it here. Why the hype? In the five-minute clip — which is an homage to Matt and Kim’s “Lessons Learned” — the soul songstress strips down from a black overcoat into eventual full-frontal nudity.
But as quickly as it surfaced, the video was taken down from YouTube by Universal Music Group, and we were left feeling slightly pervy for craving more naked music videos. We’ve done the dirty work so that you don’t have to, and rounded up 10 of our all-time favorites after the jump. We’ve come a long way since Duran Duran’s “Girls on Film.”
1. Duran Duran, “Girls on Film” (1981) – naked models on the catwalk coupled with lots of girl-on-girl action
2. David Bowie, “China Girl” (1983) – a rather tame (and brief!) glimpse at Bowie’s butt during a beach makeout session
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers, “Catholic School Girls Rule” (1985) – inspired by Anthony Kiedis singing on the cross, one of the girls strips down to her underwear for a strange dance scene
4. REM, “Pop Song 89″ (1989) – Michael Stipe and three back-up dancers, topless
5. Madonna, “Justify My Love” (1990) – for a music video about sexual fetishes, there’s not a lot of nudity in this one — just the tease of it
6. Blink-182, “What’s My Age Again?” (1999) – Tom Delonge, Mark Hoppus, and Travis Barker streak around town Old School-style, pre-Old School
7. Björk, “Pagan Poetry” (2001) – Björk’s Alexander McQueen gown only covers her lower half; added bonus: a nipple piercing
8. Placebo, “Protège-Moi” (2003) – a big, naked orgy
9. Sigur Rós, “Gobbledigook” (2008) – hipster forest nymph nudes run around being outdoorsy; a collaboration with Ryan McGinley
10. Flaming Lips, “Watching the Planets” (2009) – lots and lots of naked people on bicycles, Wayne Coyne in a bubble, and something that looks like a mass birthing… wordpress wouldn’t let us show this to you… so head to NME to catch Wayne Coyne in the BUFF!